At-Home Therapy Services
At Beth Israel Lahey Health At Home we believe that nothing supports your well-being and recovery after an illness, injury or surgery more than being in a safe and familiar environment. That is why we work with you, your loved ones and your care team to help restore your health, balance and communication ability in the comfort of your own home.
We provide coordinated care that helps you enjoy more independence and a better quality of life through a wide range of rehabilitation services, including:
Our licensed and experienced physical therapists work with you to create an individualized plan to meet your specific goals, including:
- Balance and gait training
- Strength, mobility and flexibility exercises
- Fall prevention
- Adaptive equipment support, including help with walkers and wheelchairs
- Therapeutic ultrasound (high-frequency sound waves to warm muscles and joints, increasing blood flow and decreasing swelling
- Therapeutic use of heat and ice (improves circulation, reduces swelling and/or relaxes muscles)
Our occupational therapists help you better perform daily tasks, routines and hobbies, and work with you to overcome limitations and increase your independence at home and at work.
Your individualized plan may include:
- Exercises to improve strength in your hands and upper body
- Fall risk prevention, including simple changes you can make to reduce your risk of falling by making suggestions for environmental modifications
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment that makes daily activities easier, including cooking, eating, dressing and bathing
- Visual impairment compensation strategies
- Caregiver training and tips for those with cognitive difficulties
Our speech-language pathologists work with you or your loved one who may be experiencing difficulty speaking or communicating, swallowing or eating.
We provide personalized programs, education, and advice for communication and swallowing disorders, including:
- Non-verbal communication techniques
- Exercises to strengthen muscles
- Recommendations for eating positions or dietary changes
Beth Israel Lahey Health At Home also offers special rehabilitation services, including:
- CranioSacral therapy
- Fascial movement taping
- Myofacial release
- Total joint replacement
- Vestibular rehabilitation
We provide personalized coordination of care and fall prevention programs designed for those who fall and/or lose their balance, including:
- Adaptive equipment
- Muscle imbalance and muscle strengthening
- Assessment of hazards within the home
- Vestibular impairments aide
- Vision assistance
Our stroke services are designed to help patients manage and promote self-care management following a stroke or other vascular diagnosis.
Paying for Home-Based Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation services are covered by many insurance plans as well as Medicare and Medicaid.