Ways To Help
Your support of Beth Israel Lahey Health At Home — through volunteering your time or a philanthropic donation — helps make it possible for us to provide high-quality, compassionate hospice care in the homes of individuals and to those who reside at our Sawtelle Family Hospice House or in skilled nursing facilities.
Thank you for your support.
Every gift makes a difference.
Special Giving Opportunity: Remembrance Brick Walkway
MJ Destribats Memorial Garden at the Sawtelle Family Hospice has a Remembrance Brick Walkway with two brick sizes available for inscription.
Bricks are available for $250 or $500 donations.
Volunteers are at the heart of Beth Israel Lahey Health At Home hospice services, and serve a vital role in the quality of life for our patients and their families. We offer a flexible schedule, opportunities close to home, as well as training and ongoing support.
We welcome volunteers to assist within our areas of care, including:
- Greeting family members and other hospitality activities
- Patient visits for comfort, conversation, reading or reminiscent activities
- Light meal preparation and baking
- Light administrative tasks, including assembling information packets
- Patient visits for comfort, companionship, conversation or reading
- Patient vigils or religious practices
- Light administrative activities
- Supportive telephone outreach to bereaved and grieving families
Additional ways volunteers give their time include caregiver respite, reiki, and pet therapy.
Veteran to Veteran Program
Are you a veteran looking to make a connection with other veterans? We may have the opportunity you’re looking for. Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Hospice is looking for veterans to volunteer with our Veteran to Veteran program.
Veterans are paired with a veteran hospice patient to offer:
- Time to share stories from their service, if wanted
- Comfort in knowing their volunteer can relate to them on a unique level
- Respite for the caregiver
- Participation in a certificate and pinning ceremony