Care and comfort in a home away from home
The Sawtelle Family Hospice House provides care and support in a residential setting for those needing more care than can be provided at home, or when living at home is no longer an option.
Our 10-bed residence is a beautiful colonial home in Reading, Massachusetts, and boasts thoughtfully designed spaces with amenities and conveniences to create a home-like setting.
Each of our patient rooms includes a comfortable sitting area for families and friends, many of which have private bathrooms. Every room includes a television, phone and internet connection. Residents and their loved ones can enjoy many common areas, including a family kitchen, dining area, great room, library and four-season sunroom.
- 24/7 nursing care
- Pain and symptom management
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Home-cooked meals
- Highly qualified social workers, bereavement counselors, and chaplains to address all aspects of personal, spiritual and emotional needs
- Complementary therapies such as music therapy
- Enthusiastic volunteers to help with activities and to offer support and companionship
Paying for Residential Care
Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances cover the costs of care, medications and medical equipment provided at our hospice residence. Patients pay privately for room and board.